Another large release, with many UI/UX improvements, performance improvements, bugfixes, and a few new objects.
NOTE: The way plugdata saves inside a DAW project has changes. If your patch is saved to a file, plugdata will load the patch from that file upon reopening a project. If your patch is not saved to a file, it will store the patch content inside the DAW project, as it did previously. The reason for this, is that loading patches from file allows you to put abstractions inside the same folder, which caused issues before.
- Infinite canvas: you can now scroll everywhere no matter where your objects are
- Plugin mode: In plugin mode, your patch will display without showing any of plugdata's GUI.
- plugdata-ofelia is an experimental plugdata port of the ofelia graphics externals. It only works inside standalone at the moment.
- New objects:
- [else/knob] object is a rotary knob, also available in ELSE rc8
- [else/note] finally works in plugdata
- [else/filterdelay~] delay unit that goes thgouh a resonant lowpass filter, a soft clipper and a DC filter
- Performance improvements:
- Improved GUI drawing performance
- Faster startup time
- Lower idle CPU usage
- Lower overhead on patches that have a lot of fast messages