ZynAddSubFX is a fully featured musical software synthesizer for Linux, MacOS, BSD, and Windows. ZynAddSubFX exposes a wide array of synthesis parameters to make it flexible tool for sound design and a fun experience for playing instruments.
- Polyphonic with support for legato and mono playing modes.
Three synthesizer engines:
- Additive Synthesis for classic synth sounds composed of a variety of voices with powerful modulation. This exposes modulators ranging from LFOs and envelopes to oscillator modulators for FM, PM, and AM.
- Subtractive Synthesis for creating variable bandwidth harmonics from filtered white noise.
- PAD synthesis for creating beautiful pads and other instruments.
- Powerful waveform generator with up to 128 sine/non-sine harmonics.
- A variety of filters including analogue modeled filters, formant filters, and state variable filters.
- Envelopes can have ADSR (or ASR, etc..) modes or can be free modes (with any shape).
- Effects for Reverb, Echo, Chorus/Flange, Phasing, Wave-shaping, Equalizing, Dynamic Filtering with flexible signal routing.
- Instruments can be organized in kits, which allows you to make drum kits or layered instruments; this makes possible to use more than one instrument for a single part. It is possible to choose what items from the kit should be processed by the Part’s effects.
- Randomness settings to create subtle differences in each sound to help create that familiar analogue warmth.
- Microtonal capabilities with any scale, up to 128 notes per octave, and key mapping.
- Extensive MIDI/Audio driver support including JACK, ALSA, OSS, and PortAudio.
- Session Management Support via LASH/NSM.
- Plugin Support via DSSI/LV2/VST.
- Over 1100 high quality instruments included.
ZynAddSubFX development team
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.6-rc4||31 Jul '21|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.6-rc3||26 Mar '21|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.6-rc2||24 Mar '21|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.6-rc1||11 Jan '21|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.5||15 Apr '19|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.4||10 Mar '19|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.3||2 Dec '17|
|ZynAddSubFX 3.0.1||29 Nov '16|
|ZynAddSubFX 2.5.3-osx||6 Feb '16|
|ZynAddSubFX 2.5.3.osx||6 Feb '16|