HIDI is a flexible HID to MIDI translation layer, between HID devices like keyboards or gamepads and MIDI, with a bunch of useful features:
- Any number of customized MIDI mappings, easily switchable by a precise binding, currently included Piano and Accordion (chromatic layout like lumatone or LinnStrument)
- Making use of analog gamepad input to control things such as pitch-bend or CC (also configurable).
- octave (F1-F2), semitone (F3-F4), mapping (F5-F6) channel (F7-F8) controls.
- customizable multinote mode with just one press of a button, simply hold any number of desired additional intervals and press F9. Press again without holding any notes to disable multinote mode.
- non-lazy note emitting implementation, user can conveniently change device state on the fly (octave, semitone, channel) even when some notes are already pressed, NoteOff events will be emitted correctly anyway. However, panic button (ESC) is also available just in case.
- NKRO keyboards support (if it can be enabled in hardware by some key-sequence)
- You can connect whatever number of HID devices you want, completely dynamically!
Sławomir Kur (gethiox)