Giada is an open source, minimalistic and hardcore music production tool. Designed for DJs, live performers and electronic musicians.
- Your sample player! Load samples from your crates and play them with a computer keyboard or a MIDI controller;
- Your loop machine! Build your performance in real time by layering audio tracks or MIDI events, driven by the main sequencer;
- Your song editor! Write songs from scratch or edit existing live recordings with the powerful Action Editor, for a fine-tuned control;
- Your live recorder! Record sounds from the real world and MIDI events coming from external devices or other apps;
- Your FX processor! Process samples or audio/MIDI input signals with VST instruments from your plug-ins collection;
- Your MIDI controller! Control other software or synchronize physical MIDI devices by using Giada as a MIDI master sequencer.
- Ultra-lightweight internal design;
- multi-thread/multi-core support;
- 32-bit floating point audio engine;
- ALSA, JACK + Transport, CoreAudio, ASIO and DirectSound full support;
- unlimited number of channels (optionally controllable via computer keyboard);
- BPM and beat sync with sample-accurate loop engine;
- MIDI output support, featuring custom MIDI lightning messages;
- super-sleek, built-in Wave Editor for audio samples and Piano Roll editor for MIDI messages;
- automatic quantizer;
- portable project storage system, based on super-hackable JSON files;
- support for all major uncompressed file formats;
- test-driven development style supported by Travis CI and Catch
- under a constant stage of development;
- 100% open-source GPL v3.