Audacity is a free, easy-to-use, multi-track audio editor and recorder for Windows, macOS, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. The interface is translated into many languages. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Record computer playback on any Windows Vista or later machine.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit WAV, AIFF, FLAC, MP2, MP3, Ogg Vorbis sound files.
- AC3, M4A/M4R (AAC), WMA, Opus and other formats supported using optional libraries.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Numerous effects including change the speed, pitch or tempo of a recording.
- Write your own plug-in effects with Nyquist.
- And more! See the complete list of features.
|Recent releases||Release Date|
|Audacity 3.2.0 Beta||14 Sep '22|
|Audacity 3.2.0 Alpha 1||30 Aug '22|
|Audacity 3.1.3 Beta 1||23 Nov '21|
|Audacity 3.1.0 Beta||14 Oct '21|
|Audacity 3.1.0 Beta 1||14 Oct '21|
|Audacity 3.0.5||29 Sep '21|
|Audacity 3.0.3 RC3||22 Jul '21|
|Audacity split-3.0.3||18 Jun '21|
|Audacity Dark-2.3.2x||7 May '19|