If you need any help setting up yabridge or if you just want to keep up to date with new releases and important Wine related announcements, then feel free to join the Discord.
- The yabridge 5.0.3 binaries up on the GitHub releases page (and in the
yabridge-binAUR package) now work again with every Wine version after Wine 5.7, including 7.21, 7.22, and the 8.0 release candidates. All workarounds for Wine 7.21 and 7.22 have been reverted. See Wine bug #53912 for more information.
- The VST3 dependency has been updated to target version 3.7.7 with tag
- The CLAP dependency has been updated to target version 1.1.4.
patch-vst3-sdk.shscript now applies a handwritten diff to the SDK instead of patching the SDK using sed. This makes it easier to use older (but still API-compatible) VST3 SDK versions with yabridge and it makes the patching less brittle. The patches can be found in
- Since the workarounds from yabridge 5.0.1 and 5.0.2 have been reverted, the Meson build will now throw an error when trying to build against Wine 7.21, 7.22, or 8.0-rc1. Yabridge binaries built against these Wine versions will not work correctly.
- Yabridge built against Wine 8.0-rc2 will also work with older Wine versions, including the aforementioned ones that previously required workarounds. Yabridge built against older Wine versions will not work with Wine 8.0-rc2 or later.
- Unity builds can safely be re-enabled again.
The archive ending in
-ubuntu-18.04.tar.gz is a compatibility release meant for older distros and is thus slightly larger in size. If you're using Ubuntu 18.04, Linux Mint 19, Debian 10, AV Linux MXE 2021, or any other distro that's older than Ubuntu 20.04, then you should use this archive instead of the regular release. If you need a build of yabridge for use with 32-bit plugin hosts, then you can find those on the automated builds page.
To update from an older installation, simply overwrite your current yabridge and yabridgectl files with the ones downloaded below, and then rerun
yabridgectl sync to complete the update.